I asked my students to write down their favorite quotes today…Here is a sample of some my favorites~ and those that gave me a little trepidation. I am *not* responsible for the cited sources below…I just copied what they wrote down, so some of these might be wrongly attributed. If so, I apologize! Hope you find this as interesting & diverse as I have.
- “If your nose runs and your feet smell, you were built upside down” 🙂
- “By any means necessary” Malcomlm X
- “I wanna go fast” Ricky Bobby/Will Farrell
- “What starts here changes the world” UT slogan (pretty predictable)
- “You only live once” … so true, I want to be sure to make it count!
- “How you treat the creation shows how you feel about the creator” Rob Bell
- “Be the change you wish to see in the world” Ghandi… I had like 5 students write this as their favorite quote
- “For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son”
- “The grass withers and the flowers fall but the Word of God stands forever”
- “I can do all things through him who strengthens me” Phillipians 4:13
- “Life is too short to live in houston”
- “Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn”
- “Do what you like, like what you do”
- “Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth”… yeah, one of the girls in my class actually wrote that as her favorite quote!
- “What lies in front of you and what lies behind you matter little compared to what lies within you”
- “Beautiful young people are acts of nature, beautiful old people are works of art” Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Do not be afraid or terrified of them for the Lord your God goes with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you” Deut 31:6
I find it interesting how diverse these quotes were. Some funny, some serious, some almost scary. It’s amazing how asking a student to share his/her favorite quote can reveal something very intimate about them… anyway, hope you enjoyed!