I know, I know. Tuna melts are not fancy, but let’s be honest, we can’t eat “fancy” all the time!
Today I made the yummiest tuna melt & thought I’d share! It’s a super easy, yummy, and quick lunch!
Tuna Melt (makes two open faced sandwich melts)
- 2 cans tuna (packed in water) drained
- 3 heaping Tbsp lite mayo
- 1 heaping Tbsp dijon mustard (I used grey poupon)
- Lawry’s seasoning salt, pepper, and cumin to taste
- 1 green onion diced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 small french rolls, sliced in half
Mix together all ingredients except cheese & bread.
Spread the tuna mixture on the 4 halves of the french rolls.
Bake @ 400 for 3-5 min. Top with cheese & bake for another few minutes. Finish by broiling the cheese. Enjoy!