Finally, it’s starting to feel like this is actually our home. Today we made some awesome progress. In the grand scheme of things~ it was a small change. But it made all of the difference. We finally moved into our bedroom after 2.5weeks of living in the house.
The bedroom was quite a bear at the beginning. The carpet was this dark brown color… not ideal. So I decided it would be a good idea to pull it up. Yeah… didn’t quite know what I was getting us all into!! There was this awful red clay stuff underneath the carpet & carpet padding. It took about 10 hours to scrap/steam it off. We literally had to use a steamer (like the kind you use to remove wall paper) to loosen the clay before we could actually get it to scrap off. It was pretty much a nightmare.
Then we rented a sander & Steve sanded the clay reminants off. Then he sanded the floor. There was still some stain remaining, but much of the floor showed bare wood. So we stained the floors. Waited for them to dry & for the humidity to dissipate. This waiting process took awhile. About 2 weeks & 2 coats of polyurethane later, here we are. Finally living in our master bedroom.
I love it. Can’t wait to post pictures.
Ahhhh off to a good night’s sleep! Sweet dreams!