I’m always excited to usher in new seasons…
When Fall changes to Winter I’m SO ready for Christmas, snow, cookies, blankets, fires, crockpots, and coffee.
When Winter changes to Spring I’m yearning for warmer temperatures, green grass, fresh blooms, shorts and tee-shirts, and spring showers.
When Spring changes to Summer I’m pumped for swimming, long walks, grilling, and a slower pace
…. but when Summer changes to Fall, I have to admit I grieve just a little bit. I grieve summer. How lame is that. It’s not that I don’t love the other seasons; I totally do. In fact, Fall is one of my absolute favorite seasons. But there’s just something about summer ending… it always feels like the end of a year to me. It’s probably b/c I’m on a “school schedule” and will be for the rest of my adult life until I retire some day in the VERY distant future! So the end of summer is sort of the end of the year. A time to reflect on everything that’s happened.
This year the transition has been especially difficult with little man. I’ve started to take him to the sitter’s 4-5 days a week. That has been a struggle. From what I hear, it gets easier with time. I’m praying that the “easiness” happens sooner rather than later.
BUT with the transition of Summer to Fall this year come many amazing blessings and exciting things to look forward to:
- a year of firsts with Pax~ first halloween (costume), thanksgiving, and christmas 🙂
- teaching my very first grad class
- brisk fall air~ OH how I’ve been loving this (sorry friends in ATX)
- SCARVES! Yum yeah. I’m kind of obsessed. I probably own 20 scarves (plus 10 winter/snow scarves)
- pumpkin. Everything pumpkin
- Fall colors~ they are stunningly beautiful here
- a schedule. Summer is fun because is free from solid structure… but I have to admit, there’s something that appeals to me about having a schedule each week. I’m SO much more productive.
- Football. Packer. Texas. Badger. Yep. Football 🙂
- Football party food.. .yes, this deserves it’s own bullet point.
Yep, so all in all~ even though I’m grieving the changing season… I know that summer will be back next year. Time to revel in the moment.
Pumpkin spice latte cupcakes anyone?