It seems like no matter what stage people are at in life~ they are always dissatisfied. And by people, I mean ‘ehm, ehm’… ME.
I’ve been through many a phase where I felt the overwhelming frustration of not being satisfied…
- Looking back to high school… I was not one of the popular kids. I wanted to be cool, but it wasn’t meant to be 🙂 I was dissatisfied.
- In college, I always wanted a serious boyfriend. It took me a few years to find one 🙂 in the meantime, I was dissatisfied.
- When Steve and I met and fell in love, I wanted him to propose immediately (I know, I was irrational). I was dissatisfied.
- When we finally did get in engaged and married, people started asking us when we were going to have kids. Waiting seemed to last forever and I was dissatisfied.
- And now, here I am with everything. Really, more than I could ever hope or dream for… plainly more then I deserve and yet, I am often dissatisfied.
Case in point… My sweet friend (and our sitter) texted me today to tell me that my son pulled himself up on a train table for the very first time. He was sitting, and then he was standing. I cried. I wasn’t there to see it. In the moment…I was more than dissatisfied. I was devastated.
I’m going to choose today to focus on the things that should satisfy me. The things that are not of this world. Jesus is all I need. He has blessed me with am amazing family, a wonderful job, and loving people to care for our son. I should be joyful over Pax’s mini accomplishment today. It’s tough that I wasn’t the one to see it. But I am thankful that we have a strong son who is constantly growing, changing, and challenging himself.
We are truly blessed.