I’m on a “Bacon makes everything better” kick. Seriously. It does.
- Diced Chicken (we used leftover baked chicken approx 1 large chicken breast & 1 chicken leg cut into large chunks)
- 1/4- 1/3 c. light mayo
- 1 stalk celery, finely minced
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- 1/4 c. craisins
- 1/4 c. broken pecan pieces
- 3/4 c. red grapes, quartered
- dash of lawrys seasoning
- dash of dill weed to taste (I probably used 1/4 -1/2 tsp?)
- salt & pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients (minus bacon) together & let chill overnight. chilling will give the onion and celery time to mellow out just a bit.
Serve on bread or with saltine crackers… We added a bit of crumbled bacon on top for a little extra hit of salt to balance out the sweet craisins/grapes and the tangy mayo.
This was such a light & refreshing meal. Definitely one we’ll make again this summer!!!