This meal is both gluten free AND low carb… two brand new diets that the Peterson HH is having to embrace.
At least the low carb one has an end in sight!!
THIS dish is to die for. I mean, really. One of the best meals I’ve made in a very long time.
I liked it so much I want to make it again this week 🙂
- 1-1.5 lbs uncooked, de-veined, peeled, medium to large shrimp
- 6 c. fresh spinach lettuce
- 4 stems of fresh basil (about 1/2 package if buying in the store… a small handful if picking fresh), Julienned
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or grated with microplane)
- 2 large handfuls of cherry or grape tomatoes (whole)
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, finely sliced
- 1/2 large yellow bell pepper, finely sliced
- 4-6 oz block feta cheese, cubed in 1/2 in by 1/2 in cubes
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 2 small lemons, quartered
- Salt & pepper to taste
Layer fresh spinach, fresh basil and green onions on the bottom of a 9×13 pan. Continue by layering veggies (evenly distributing garlic and other seasonings). End with shrimp and then lemon slices/chunks. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake at 375 for approx 20 min (for medium uncooked shrimp). I broiled for approx 5 min after that (with the pan in the middle of the oven) to start to brown up the feta a bit.
I was able to reheat the leftovers for lunch the next day and it was still amazing. Some times things like this don’t reheat well…but this one worked perfectly!!