Looking back on last week… here’s what we ate.
- Saturday: Gluten free gnocchi (from last week). I based it on this recipe from Iowa Girl Eats and made gfree modifications. My gnocchi was based on this recipe. But instead of the sweet rice flour, I used a bit of tapioca flour (our store didn’t have sweet rice flour). I froze a lot of these to save for later! The final dish had yellow squash, zucchini, fresh basil, pine nuts, gnocchi, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Sunday: Lunch @ church and dinner was a random conglomeration of things
- Monday: Broccoli & Red Onion Tangy Sweet Salad. I omitted the red pepper from the nut mixture and it was still great.
- Tuesday: leftovers
- Wednesday: Sloppy Joes (gfree sans bun)…I don’t measure my ingredients, but they are ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire, 1/2 onion finely minced, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper and of course, the ground beef!
- Thursday: Shrimp & veggie bake. This was amazing and deserves it’s own post. Coming soon!!
- Friday: Steve cooked!! Pan seared chicken, steamed asparagus & mashed sweet potatoes
- Saturday: Almond Flour Pancakes (gfree). These were amazing! I was pleasantly surprised. Of course, they have a bit of a nutty flavor and a “corn cake like” texture (not quite as smooth as regular pancakes) but honestly, I truly enjoyed them! I substituted maple syrup for the honey and used unsweetened almond milk. It made approx 18 smaller pancakes.
- Extras… Lunches chickpea chopped salad (gfree)