I love living in the north (Wisconsin/Ohio) because…
- snow is beautiful and cozy…and necessary for Christmas spirit!
- the icy cold water that comes out of the faucet in the winter time is so refreshing
- fireplaces (that actually get used)
- basements for storage (and extra living space) not to mention a place to go when it storms
- Packer football. Nuff said.
- Fall colors. Leaf piles.
- Casseroles & Supper Clubs
- Scarves, hats, and mittens
- Crystal clear lakes (WI, not OH)
- Hair that will STAY flat when flat ironed nearly year round (as in… lower humidity!)
- loading on the big heavy covers in the cold winter nights
I love living in the south (as in, TEXAS) because…
- you can wear flip flops all year round
- spring comes early… you don’t ever have that moment in february where you just can’t take the “winter” any longer
- country line dancing (particularly at the Broken Spoke)
- cowboy boots are part of every day life
- Brisket. Barbeque doesn’t mean “cooking something on the grill” or eating a sloppy joe sandwich. Nope, it means good ole’ fashion SMOKED amazingness.
- The overabundance of awesome bible believing churches
- Mexican martinis & Tex Mex food
- the acceptability of “y’all” in every day and professional conversations
- state pride
I’m sure there are a lot more… but that’s what I’ve got for today.